Friday, March 8, 2013

Projects for Friends

So I recently seem to have taken on a buch of projects to give to my wonderful friends.

First, I would like to share this large (around 20-25 inches wide) watercolor painting that I created as a wedding gift for my friend Katy and her Husband, Matt.  A little different from my normal illustrations, but I am very pleased with the result.  This is the spot where he proposed :)




Here is the picture hanging on their wall in their home :)  Lookin framed and lovely.


Here is a project that I did for her sister, Emily, whom is also my friend.  Emily commissioned me to paint a piar of shoes.  She gave me the concept of salsa and blues dancing, so I just went with it!  (I'm currently working on a pair of shoes for their mother)




Since I am sharing shoe pictures, I don't think that I ever posted, here on my blog, pictures of the shoes I painted for my brother as a gift.  These are not im my illustration style.  I adapted a Calvin and Hobbes comic.  This is the project that led Emily to ask me to paint her a pair.  They also got on the front page of reddit, just sayin, haha.






Lastly, I thought that I would share this gift I gave to my friend Kevin.  He loves Zelda.  Last fall we went to go see the Houston Symphony preform Zelda Symphony of the Goddesses (which was spectacular).  This inspired me and for his christmas/birthday gift I painted him a 16 x 20 inch canvas of the Skyward Sword cover, with acrylic.  Again, not in my illustration style, but good practice, and I am pleased with the end result! Took forevers.



(Zelda is copyright Nintendo and Calvin and Hobbes is owned by Bill Watterson.  These projects were only used for gifts)

No comments:

Post a Comment